Individuals as well as corporations, (patent) law firms, and public entities are invited to become members of the association "Friends of the MIPLC e.V."
What Are the Benefits of a Membership?
- You support a one-of-a-kind institution like the MIPLC which is jointly operated by the Max Planck Society, the Technische Universität München, the University of Augsburg, and The George Washington University Law School, Washington D.C., USA. Every year, the MIPLC welcomes around 35 students from all over the world to a one-year LL.M. program exclusively targeted to educating the leading IP professionals of tomorrow. In order to be accepted as a student at the MIPLC, applicants have to be very bright and highly qualified. Some of the admitted candidates however cannot afford to actually enroll in the LL.M. program for lack of funds. This is where the "Friends of the MIPLC" step in to help.
- As a corporation or law firm, patent law firm, etc., gain priviledged access to the students and the alumni of the MIPLC. The association "Friends of the MIPLC" will be glad to forward vacancy announcements or internship offers to our database encompassing over 300 top talents in all areas of IP in all major jurisdictions. As the MIPLC alumni are at very different stages of their career, through the "Friends of the MIPLC" you can get in contact with recent graduates as well as with seasoned IP professionals in almost any country in the world. For our members, we will be glad to organize company presentations and/ or lectures either at the MIPLC or at the member's offices.
- By joining the "Friends of the MIPLC," you will become part of a network encompassing the Munich IP community as well as professionals in the IP sector in virtually every nation on the globe.
- As an alumnus or an alumna of the MIPLC, by joining the "Friends of the MIPLC" you can give back to the MIPLC community which has, in the words of many a former student, "made me who I am today."
- All members of the "Friends of the MIPLC" are invited to the lectures and functions taking place at the MIPLC, like the MIPLC Lecture Series, the Asia Roundtable, the annual Alumni Conference, the Graduation Ceremony, the Welcome Day for the new generation of students, etc., thus allowing you to mingle with potential future employees or collaborators right from the start of their IP education.
- With your permission, you will be mentioned as a member and benefactor of the "Friends of the MIPLC" on the association's website.
- Your membership fees and donations are tax-deductible. Our treasurer will gladly issue a tax certificate for this purpose.
Applying for Membership
If you would like to join the "Friends of the MIPLC e.V.," please complete the membership form and send it by mail, e-mail, or fax to
Friends of the MIPLC e.V.
c/o Max Planck Institute for Innovation and Competition
fax +49 89 24246 522